PrEP GIVES YOU PEACE OF MIND IN KNOWING YOU’RE PROTECTED AGAINST HIV—NO MATTER THE SITUATION.
If you are HIV-negative and at high risk of getting HIV, taking PrEP once a day can help you take control of your health.
You might be at risk of getting HIV if:
- You have more than one sex partner.
- You do not regularly use condoms.
- You are in an ongoing relationship with someone who has HIV.
- You are not sure if your sex partner is HIV-positive.
- You are a man who has anal sex with other men.
- You are a gay or bisexual man who has been diagnosed with an STI in the past six months.
- You have injected drugs in the past six months and have shared needles.
When taken every day as prescribed, PrEP greatly reduces your risk of getting HIV. PrEP does not protect against STIs like gonorrhea or syphilis. Continued condom use helps prevent sexually transmitted infections.